Monday, December 13, 2021

Diamine Inkvent Calendar Day13




Day 13 has me singing an unlikely song. I don't really know what Diamine is thinking with these names. This one is "Ruby Blues," and I knew immediately what the color would be, even before I saw the word "Sheen."


It is, of course, a blue that sheens red, which you can see better here:


And what a sheen it is! I haven't tested it to see if it smears... I find that some of the most dramatically sheening inks do. 

But what's unfortunate has nothing to do with what the ink looks like--it's that I thought of "Blues," hence the guitar, and I thought of the Kenny Rogers song (which was covered by Cake), "Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town" (I then went on a strange internet odyssey, during which I discovered that Waylon Jennings sang that song first, listened to Waylon sing The Dukes of Hazzard theme song and sing with Big Bird, and wound up listening to Kenny Rogers's "The Gambler" and "If You're Gonna Play in Texas" by Alabama, just to assure myself that I did, in fact, know that song. I won't even tell you what my brain did with the speaker of "Ruby" and the subject of "Hey Joe"... (talk about crossover)

Look! I painted a guitar! (not my best, but here it is--and now I'm thinking of Picasso and The Counting Crows)

Cheers!

No comments: