Thursday, December 9, 2021

Diamine Inkvent Calendar Day 9



Inkvent Day 9 was a very nice surprise! As I suspected, if my husband and I had traded days--with him taking evens and me odds instead of how we started, the other way around, I would still have opened the inks with special effects. Day 9's "Storm" proved that hypothesis correct, so I'm glad we decided to wait it out!


Storm is a shimmer ink in a beautiful shade of dark blue. I find it interesting that we have a "Storm" after having already had a "Tempest" on Day 4, and while I tried to paint clouds for Tempest, today I couldn't resist a Storm at sea.


The shimmer is quite dramatic on this one, and it shades a bit, though I think I went heavy on the ink.


My husband's swatch has more variation in tone than mine:


And if you don't remember why 6 was afraid of 7, it's because...


No comments: