Saturday, December 25, 2021

Diamine Inkvent Calendar Day 25

 Merry Christmas!


Today, Diamine is wishing us "All the Best" for journeying through 25 inks. This one was a mystery; the bottle did not indicate whether it was shimmer or sheen, but of course the expectation was that it would be both.


And it was! "All the Best" is a reddish ink that to me trends toward the "berry" end of the red spectrum, almost a deep bluish pink (maroon? wine?).


The gold-green sheen begins to emerge first, appearing in the areas where more ink is applied.


The shimmer is a bit more subtle, and requires even more pooling. Here I applied some extra ink with the paintbrush to see if I could deliberately achieve the shimmer and sheen--and it worked!


When I turn it a little in the light, you can see it shine a bit more, almost a lavender sparkle:


The Pilot Parallel produced the best results!


And here's a recap:





The Invent calendar is a fantastic idea, and has been a lot of fun. If I had to choose my favorites right now, I would probably choose too many. I'm hoping to post some comparisons between a few of the Inkvent colors themselves (like 17 and 13) and also comparisons between these and other Diamine Inks (like Garland and Holly), so stay tuned!

No comments: