Sunday, December 12, 2021

Diamine Inkvent Calendar Day 12



Day 12, "Stargazer," is bound to be a crowd favorite. Before I opened this one, a friend and fellow fountain-pen enthusiast--who has vastly greater knowledge, and who first introduced us to Diamine inks and the Inkvent calendar in 2019--texted: "Today's ink - wow!" And... that does sum it up pretty well.


Today's has both simmer and sheen--and obviously so! No subtlety here! The base ink is a dark blue--basically a navy--that sheens reddish with a green shimmer.


Now, here it is worth making a comparison. I have a bottle of the Diamine Special "Blue Edition" Ink Happy Holidays, which debuted in the 2019 Inkvent calendar. You will see that the two are remarkably similar:


This year's, on the left, does not, in the above picture, show the base ink very well--I was a little heavy-handed, so the shimmer and sheen took over. But you can still see that 2019's Happy Holidays is a brighter blue--more of a royal blue--and while the sheen is the same, the shimmer is, to my eye, blue rather than green. 

Similar, but I'm not entirely sure that the sheen shows quite this dramatically:


This brings us to half of the Advent 24, and the completion of my second page of samples:


I can't wait to see what the next 12 will bring!

No comments: