Monday, December 20, 2021

Diamine Inkvent Calendar Day 20


Day 20 is the pink I was looking for to fill in the rose Advent candle in yesterday's drawing. This one is called "Pink Ice," which makes me think of "pink champagne on ice" à la "Hotel California," and also An Affair to Remember, which does feature some talk of pink champagne. I think I remember another pop culture reference to champagne that is pink, but it's eluding me right now.


This is a shimmer ink, and I just love the shimmer when it settles to one side of the bottle.


It looks pink in the bottle, but it appears to be a silver shimmer.


In addition to my champagne reference (which I found interesting given that this was day 20, which suggests the first digits of the incoming--and current--year), 


I decided to think literally in terms of ice that is pink, and I made a pink snowman, who makes me happy. 


You can see how this particular ink tended to cling rather well to the dip pen nib, but was very light when used with the Pilot Parallel with the broad stroke. 


And we have only five inks to go! (Four until the Christmas reveal!) Diamine already has a color named "Pink Champagne," so when the calendar countdown is done, I will do a few comparison swatches between existing colors and the new Inkvent inks!
 

No comments: