Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Diamine Inkvent Calendar Day 8

 



Day 8 is the first door I have opened that wasn't a sheen or shimmer ink, but a standard. It is "Raspberry Rose," and as odd as that flower-fruit combination is from a sensory perspective, it is actually a very accurate name for today's ink, which I would other wise describe as a... deep rose, or raspberry. Nicely done, Diamine!


Beyond the beauty of the color, I don't find much to note. It can range from very deep and dark to a medium hue--so perhaps from a deep raspberry to a medium rose color.


For this sample, I switched the fine nib from the Brause Blue Pumpkin, which I don't really like, to a Nikko Comic: G nib, which I suppose is a bit better. I'm not really well-versed in the calligraphy nibs, and I should really find an option that I like for testing how the ink will look in a pen, which is, after all, how I will use it most.


This is one that I would like to see in one of my pens, probably a Lamy All-Star. In the meantime, it seems appropriate for the third weekend of Advent, which is approaching.

No comments: