Sunday, April 13, 2008

Blankies Galore!!

So this is what I've been doing this weekend.

A blanket for my friend (and Doodle's godmother) who will be having her second child (and first daughter) in June. It is a cowgirl motif because my mother made some of the decor for her son's room in a cowboy motif, and the new baby will likely inherit that room. So this way, it is something new to go along with something shared!



Disclaimer: Any resemblance that this blanket might bear to the school colors of any Texas university is purely coincidental!!

So far I have only made blankets to keep (4, to be exact--one of them a 12 square Christmas blanket!) and blankets to give to good friends (also 4--now 5). These blankets are something different for me, and proving to be more difficult than I thought! I decided that I would make a blanket to donate to the English Graduate Student Association's annual silent auction. I was going to make a unisex blankie, but I was attracted to the florals (as usual) more than the gender-neutral prints. So I did both!

The first is the floral, and its color scheme is based around the asian cherry blossom print. I'm not sure the colors are true-to-life in this pic, because there's a lot of peach in the floral:

My first "neutral" blanket is a green froggie blanket (I love frogs) with yellow trim and a yellow backing.


The winner will choose 1 of the 2 blankets. I hope they go over well!

4 comments:

Maria said...

Oh wow... you'll have to tell me how you made these! i'm going to be posting some of my most recent blanket and sewing projects.. I knit and sew a little -- but I would love to get into quilts, etc.

Entropy said...

Very nice!

mrsdarwin said...

See, what a good idea to make little quilts instead of trying, on your first quilt, to make a twin-bed-sized hand-quilted creation and get stuck in the hand quilting stage and have the thing languish in a bag for more than a year (along with the pieces for the coordinating twin quilt for younger sister)...

Not that I would do something like that, biting off more than I can chew. :)

LilyBug said...

The blankets are beautiful - I am partial to the green one with the frogs, but they are all beautiful.