Thursday, April 3, 2008

IT'S FINISHED!!!!!!!!!

[Doing a little dance around the apartment]

The final touches have been put on the dissertation conclusion! (Believe me, the use of passive voice is intentional and appropriate.) Without the works cited, it is 219 pages, 65,887 words, and 348, 083 characters (without spaces). Now I get to photocopy it in all of its tree-killing immensity, and deliver it to my committee. And while I know that this is not the FINAL final copy, and that there is a bit more to the process, still. . .

It's finished, it's finished, it's finished, it's finished. . .

7 comments:

mrsdarwin said...

Many congratulations! I hope you have some baby-sitting and a nice celebratory dinner lined up. :)

Melanie Bettinelli said...

Congratulations! I'd get up and do a happy dance but I've got a baby at the breast. Like Mrs D says, you deserve a fancy dinner to celebrate.

chrisa511 said...

:D HUGE Congratulations! I know what a big accomplishment that is! Awesome!!!

Amy Reads said...

Hi Literacychic,

Congrats! Hope to join you in the World Of Finished Drafts in the next couple of weeks.
Ciao,
Amy

LilyBug said...

Congratulations! What an accomplishment to be proud of. I am very very happy for you. Big hug!

Literacy-chic said...

Thanks everyone! I did have some celebratory sushi for lunch today! ;)

Katherine said...

Congratulations!!!