Monday, July 23, 2007

Lucky 7 and Toddler Tales

I realized something interesting today. Thinking of the birthdays in my immediate family, I realized that all but one of our birth years will have 7s in them: 1971, 1977, 1997 (my son), 2005 (my daughter), 2007 (new baby!). Now, biology being what it is, I'm assuming we will have additional children without 7s in the years. Technically, it should still be possible for me to have a baby in 2017. . .

In other news, my baby girl likes foot rubs. Yup--you read that correctly. I have an overindulged toddler. A few nights ago, I noticed some peeling skin on her feet--probably from swimming. So I got out the Baby Aveeno lotion and rubbed some on her feet. When I was finished, she picked up the tube of lotion, handed it back to me, and stuck out her foot. So I did it again. Ever since that night, every time she finds the Aveeno, she brings it to someone and sticks out her foot!! :) It's very cute. Tonight my brother was visiting (the second-to-youngest, who is 19) and she offered him the Aveeno and foot! He was very amused, and obliged her. I think we've set a bad precedent!

3 comments:

Kate said...

My 2 year old loves moisturizing cream. He gets a bit of eczema during the winter, so I started putting lotion on after his bath, and he's been asking for it ever since. I think, though, that its mostly the goopiness of it that pleases him, as he likes to 'help' me apply. Ditto for sunscreen, itch cream, and pretty much any other topical cream.

Melanie Bettinelli said...

That is so cute!

chrisa511 said...

Ha! I love it...that's too cute :)