Thursday, May 22, 2008

A New Blog

In my never-ending attempt to trick myself into working, I have created a new blog, Booknotes from Literacy-chic. Since some of what I will be writing on that blog is closely tied to my topics of scholarly research, I have decided not to make it Google-able, but I don't want it to be private, either. So it is listed with Blogger, but not with search engines, and it is completely and freely open to the public. Blogging and professional scholarship can be a tricky issue, but the blog will really represent my thoughts on what I'm reading--not ready-made research ideas, but notes. Here is part of the introductory post:

"Booknotes from Literacy-chic" will (hopefully) be a record of the various books I want to read in the coming weeks, months, even--who knows?--years, as I gather material for future scholarship and teaching. I don't promise reviews; this will be more "thoughts that occur to me" with a wrap-up when I finish the book. But if I'm posting thoughts on the book all along, it might keep me honest--you know, I might actually finish the book lest the blog be disappointed.

More of my "plans" for my first-reads follow. Hope some of you decide to stop by!

4 comments:

chrisa511 said...

Awesome! I'm excited :) Mind if I link to it on my page? Or is that too much exposure? lol...

Literacy-chic said...

NOT AT ALL!! I would be very pleased to have some of your readers stop by! :D

Maria said...

I'll be stopping by in a little while. I was thinking about making my very own book-notes-type-blog... this just might be the motivation I need.

Literacy-chic said...

Great! I'm a study in artificial attempts to stimulate motivation! (Never so unsuccessful as when I was pregnant, btw!) ;)