Monday, May 5, 2008

Dr. Literacy-Chic

You can still call me Literacy-chic, though! ;)

The defense was a short, friendly conversation--only an hour! I have some good suggestions for converting it to a book and many nice things were said. Now I have some serious sweets hanging around!

Immediate plans: Hit local restaurant where 2 of my siblings work for some celebratory dessert & wine--maybe an appetizer. I want a margarita, but I'm not sure about that level of alcohol while breastfeeding. . . My brother's the bartender, though, so we'll see what I might be able to work out! Maybe something 1/2 strength. :)

I feel happy, but most of the relief was after the draft was done. That was the BIG work. Now, I'm just feeling motivated for the future, which is a big thing for me!!

Thank you all so much for all of your thoughts & prayers! I appreciate having such supportive blog-friends!

13 comments:

p-duck said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-gina

Entropy said...

Wow! Congratulations. Glad it wasn't as bad as you imagined, Dr.!

Kate said...

Congratulations, Mrs. Dr.!! I'm glad it was easy (almost anti-climactic after all the build-up, eh?) Have fun celebrating - you can always pump and dump if you're concerned you've drunk too much to bf.

Yay!

Amy Reads said...

Congrats!
Ciao,
Amy

Darwin said...

Congrats!!!!!

(The baby can handle milk up to 80 proof, so go for it.)

Literacy-chic said...

Thanks, everybody!

Hey Darwin, are you sure you're not just taking the phrase "like mother's milk" to heart? ;)

I had a modified sangria!

Maria said...

yaaay congrats!

Lezlie said...

Congratulations!!
Lezlie

supadiscomama said...

Congratulation!

-Dana

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

Congratulations!!

Literacy-chic said...

Thank you!!!!! :D

Melanie Bettinelli said...

Woohoo!!! Congratulations, Dr lc!

mrsdarwin said...

I'm late to the party, but many congratulations! The doctor is in!