Saturday, May 12, 2007

10th Anniversary!!

Yup, I've been married 10 years. It's kind of an amazing thing to be so young and to have been married 10 years--fully 1/3 of my life. What a wonderful thing!

Well, a few nights ago in the midst of feeling pretty awful, I came up with my ideal anniversary treat--a day & night at one of those spa hotels (of course, I couldn't afford any such thing, even if there were one around here), but since this weekend is college graduation, high school prom, and Mother's Day weekend, I didn't even think we'd be able to see the inside of a restaurant.

The day started mundanely enough. . . We packed for the upcoming move for hours on end--until our son went to my mother's to play and we reached the "no idea what to do next" stage. I did have a brainstorm later in the day--our favorite Chinese food restaurant would be empty!! (Chinese food is not typically considered "elegant" fare. . . though there are exceptions.) So my mom stayed with the kids (a rare treat!!) and we had Chinese food and brought some back for her. Then we had a weird picking-up-the-sister, not-picking-up-the-sister thing, but in the meantime, found ourselves at a gallery-wine bar-coffee shop for dessert. It was wonderful!! I haven't been anywhere like that in so long!! We had some very delicious and decadent coffees and desserts (which I will regret for the rest of the night--bleh), and finally came home after a very, very nice evening.

It doesn't take much to please me; I don't mind not having a big date night for the anniversary. Most years, we have had our son with us. But I must say that this was a very nice night--probably one of our nicest anniversary celebrations yet. Here's to many, many more!

4 comments:

chrisa511 said...

Wow! 10 years! Happy anniversary to y'all! Sounds like a wonderful day for a wonderful couple :)

John said...

Happy anniversary, N and A! May your marraige continue to grow in love and blessings always.

-C & J

Melanie Bettinelli said...

Congratulations and happy anniversary. May your marriage be blessed and may you enjoy many, many more years to come.

Literacy-chic said...

Thanks, everyone! :)