Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Where have all the green potato chips gone?

I started wondering about this after seeing an Arthur episode in which D.W. thinks she's going to die from eating a green potato chip. I remember seeing green ones all the time when I was a child, then they just. . . disappeared. I supposed that quality control has improved that much, or that the green ones had been genetically modified away. I never really missed them; they were a little disturbing and tasted a little funny, too. But today, eating some McDonald's french fries, I saw it--a fry with a GREEN TIP! Aaaaaaaaaah!

4 comments:

chrisa511 said...

Ha! Come to think of it, I haven't seen a green potato chip in ages! I remember finding lots of them in Charles Chips. They were kind of nasty though :p

Literacy-chic said...

I always loved Charles Chips! A good friend of my mom's had a subscription to Charles Chips when I was little and they always had tins of them lying around the house, to be eaten with lots of sour cream. Yum! Yes, lots of green ones. Perhaps that's what I'm remembering them from!

Literacy-chic said...

(Of course, the chips are probably less appealing than the associations.) ;)

Maria said...

man... I havent seen one in ages. I haven't even thought about them until you mentioned it just now.

we would throw them away or feed them to one of the younger girls. haha.

they were scary.