Sunday, July 13, 2008

Chicken Dress!!


I finished it last night, and Doodle wore it to Mass this morning. Unfortunately, she wasn't feeling good and developed a fever midway through Mass, so her cute exterior concealed a crummy-feeling interior. Poor Doodle!

Less anonymous pics are on the family blog, here!

NOTE: I wanted to add a note about the family blog--I keep pictures of my daughters fairly closely guarded online, so the family blog (above) is not open to the public--sorry for that! BUt thanks for visiting and looking at my version of this very cute dress! :)

7 comments:

Natalie said...

How totally cute! Chickens, eggs, nests, and wire! Love it!! :)

chrisa511 said...

Ha! I love it :D That's adorable. You did a great job on it. I wanted to tell you in your last post that I'm also completely in love with your idea of wanting to teach children's/young adult/sci-fi/fantasy lit...that's everything I love to read and I'm so glad that someone is treating it as real literature! I know that of course some of it is complete crap, but there is quite a bit of really good stuff out there.

Anonymous said...

Very cute. I love your fabric combination.

Ruth said...

The chicken dress is adorable. Great fabric combo!
Ruth, from the Ottobre email list

mrsdarwin said...

Now that's cute!

Literacy-chic said...

Thanks, everyone! :) I love when she wears it! Hee hee!

Yeah, Chris--I am totally enjoying teaching children's lit. More than anything I've taught yet. I just don't have the sense of DREAD that accompanies class prep, though I am still WAAAAAAY behind on a day-to-day basis! :P That should improve the next time I teach it. And I am really teaching it like literature!!

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

That is SO cute. Ah, to have talent!