Sunday, July 20, 2008

Okay, so I discovered Etsy. . .

. . . Courtesy of the Ottobre Group I joined on Yahoo! Am I the last person in the world to hear of this or is it a well-kept secret for those in the know? At any rate, it looks like there's some very cool stuff. Looks more trustworthy and reliable than eBay--that is, you seem to know more up front, and there's less of a sense that someone is out to cheat you. The merchants set their own prices--no "auction"--and the items are largely (completely?) hand made. Neat! I bought each of my girls some non-slip hair-bow clippies! You can see them here and here.

Meanwhile, I cut Doodle's hair--short. I was just trying to trim the whispies!! She kind of looks like Haley Mills in The Parent Trap. . . It's cute, and still kind of flippy, but I miss the whispy curls.

3 comments:

chrisa511 said...

Etsy is incredible! I've found some amazing artists on there that sell stuff for amazing prices. You should really sell some of your blankets on there ;)

Cathy Adamkiewicz said...

You are not the last person on the planet to discover etsy....that's me!

Thanks to your post I just visited there. What a fun site! Thanks for sharing it.

Sarah and Shannon said...

I visit Etsy every day just for the eye candy.