Saturday, October 6, 2007

Firsts and Seconds

Well, last night my little girl made me very proud. She found a rubber band and brought it to me and said something to me, bent her head down and felt her hair--clearly, to me, a request for a ponytail!!! So I found an actual hair band and put her hair in the cutest little ponytail!! Then I chased her around the house to get this picture:Now, her momma has very long hair (without effort--it just grows & I don't cut it, so it's laziness and convenience to me, not something I cultivate!!) and puts it up in braids & ponytails a lot (and something I call a "bloop"), so I was looking forward to doing some hair-stuff, but her hair is very fine & wispy, and I haven't yet had the chance. (Her brother got my hair!) Anyway, this ponytail made me very happy, though it was a little lopsided.

Today was her second birthday, and we had a very small party--two friends, one with three children and one with one, and my brother, who had a rare break from work. And a whole balloon bouquet! It was a lot of fun. I was able to indulge in my penchant for decorating with cute pumpkin and ghost decorations, baking with funfetti cake mix and making things from the Cheerios cookbook. Fun stuff!

And just so you appreciate how difficult it was for me to get that ponytail picture:

4 comments:

Entropy said...

So cute! I love red hair. Dh's mom has beautiful red hair so I keep hoping there's a chance!!

chrisa511 said...

Aw! Happy Birthday!!

Literacy-chic said...

Hee hee!

My grandmother and aunt and my husband's mother all had red hair--really red. My little one has perhaps some red highlights, but it's not all that red really. Like you, I hope! ;)

Thanks for the birthday wishes for her, Chris!!

mrsdarwin said...

Oh man -- your baby and mine could be twins with that hair. Nothing stays in it, and she's always pulling ponytails out even when she asked for them. She was getting all wispy in the back so I gave her a sweet little bob, but now most of the baby curl is gone. (sob)

You have cute girls! Keep up the good work! And happy birthday to baby girl.