Monday, October 1, 2007

Dropped?: A pregnancy update

Well, this pregnancy is full of firsts. I have never before been so acutely aware of the position of the baby. This time, I can tell precisely where she is, including which part of her is where! And all weekend, I have noticed more pressure lower--strange sensations like dancing on organs when I walk that make me say "ooh!" It's never been quite that dramatic a shift. And tonight I noticed that the "diagonal" position I have been noticing--right rib to left pelvic bone--has changed to a more up-and-down--and much, much lower. Hmmm. . . I understand that this likely means absolutely nothing. It is interesting nonetheless. I am hoping that we still have a good 4 weeks to go at least!! But you know, I may not be going to the Renaissance Fest after all. And I may start moving around more slowly, so that my water doesn't break before any contractions start!! ;) With any luck, I will actually go into labor the traditional way--with contractions--another first!! Wish me luck & send prayers & happy thoughts my way!

UPDATE: While the baby is indeed lower and pretty much in position, I am not looking like delivering any time too soon, according to my doctor. Yay! (knock on wood) I'm only 1-1 1/2 cm dilated. Usually nothing happens until I'm in the 3-4 cm range.

6 comments:

chrisa511 said...

Luck & Prayers & Happy Thoughts aplenty over here :) I can't believe how close it is! I wish I could come visit again right after you had the baby...damn jobs...

LilyBug said...

How exciting! I am so happy for you and am definitely praying for a safe and happy delivery. Best always and miss you much!

Melanie Bettinelli said...

Exciting indeed!

And interesting too. Even though my water broke and I started contractions, Isabella never dropped because she was breach. I'm really curious about the whole labor process.

We're definitely praying for a safe, and easy delivery. I especially suggest praying to St Gerard, if you aren't doing so already.

mrsdarwin said...

Ooh, the fun begins... I'll be watching eagerly for pregnancy updates.

Entropy said...

Prayers and Happy Thoughts are all yours!

Literacy-chic said...

Thanks everyone! :)