Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Definitive Guide to Friendship - UPDATED

Courtesy of the weirdest darned Catholic blog that I ever stumbled across but can't bring myself to read unless someone else points me there because I'm afraid it might make my head explode if I read it on a regular basis. Really. I mean, look at that sentence (and don't ask my dissertation director if there are precedents). But given my recent questions & answers on friendship, I felt I needed to post this link.

UPDATE: Yeah, this was a hoax. I was being tacky. ;) The comments are particularly bad on this one. I was serious about my head exploding though, if one can say such a thing seriously. And I found it funny that Melanie pointed out on the site that the post was not original--and was not credited as such!! Sorry, Melanie, I should have indicated more clearly that I was being tacky (besides labeling the post as a "spoof," which might easily have been overlooked.)

UPDATE: Well, apparently in the midst of the mutual admiration society on the blog linked to above, there was an update acknowledging the source, and I am now to feel remorse for my above update. So I am sorry, and I no longer find it funny that Melanie pointed out on the site that the post was not original--and was not credited as such. Or, well, I think that's what I'm supposed to be sorry for. . .

5 comments:

Entropy said...

That sounds like the men in my family!

Melanie Bettinelli said...

Oh I definitely got your point.

I wouldn't necessarily have pointed it out if the one commenter hadn't been patting the blogger on the back for his cleverness. That irked me a bit. And you weren't the first blogger who I'd seen link to that post either.

Literacy-chic said...

It's a bizarre blog, to say the least. But this made me chuckle, in a wry, self-deprecating way. I hadn't seen it before, needless to say.

Kevin Whiteman said...

I see that you two have failed to notice that a couple of days ago, I posted a clarification/apology for initially failing to state that this was sent to me. And yes, I gave credit to Melanie B for pointing that out to me.

And yes, I simply forgot to mention that it was sent to me in an e-mail. It happens to the best of us sometimes.

I take it your apology is on the way?

Literacy-chic said...

Um... If making reference to something correct that someone else pointed out on your blog that I found amusing merits an apology, consider it done. On the other hand, if you were trying to give me another reason not to visit your blog again, you can likewise consider it done! And thank you for the useful lesson--don't link to blogs you don't read, as you never know when you might inadvertently offend the author.