Saturday, September 8, 2007

A More Accurate Personality Test

Courtesy of Sarah at Just Another Day of Catholic Pondering, who also recently called me a nice person! Thank you, Sarah. I'm not sure how to reconcile these, though. . . ;)

Your Score: Oscar the Grouch


You scored 37% Organization, 73% abstract, and 37% extroverted!




This test measured 3 variables.


First, this test measured how organized you are. Some muppets like Cookie Monster make big messes, while others like Bert are quite anal about things being clean.


Second, this test measured if you prefer a concrete or an abstract viewpoint. For the purposes of this test, concrete people are considered to gravitate more to mathematical and logical approaches, whereas abstract people are more the dreamers and artistic type.


Third, this test measured if you are more of an introvert or an extrovert. By definition, an introvert concentrates more on herself and an extrovert focuses more on others. In this test an introvert was somebody that either tends to spend more time alone or thinks more about herself.


You are more sloppy, more abstract, and more introverted.


Here is why are you Oscar the Grouch.


You are both sloppy. You might not always know where everything you need is. Perhaps you don't even care. You don't live in a trash can though.


You both can be abstract thinkers. Oscar's vision of life is very dreamy in an unusual way. His greatest pleasure is being unhappy, but the act of being unhappy makes him happy... which is exactly what he doesn't want. This is a highly illogical and a self-defeating approach. You definitely are not afraid to take chances in life. You only live once. You may notice others around you playing it safe, but you are more concerned with not compromising your desires, and getting everything you can out of life. This is a very romantic approach to life, but hopefully you are also grounded enough to get by.


You are both quite introverted. For whatever reason you prefer not to be around others. You probably have one or two people that you are close with. You'd rather do things by yourself and you dislike working in groups. Oscar hates it when people bug him.


The other possible characters are

Cookie Monster

Big Bird

Snuffleupagus

Ernie

Elmo

Kermit the Frog

Grover

The Count

Guy Smiley

Bert

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Your Sesame Street Persona test


I'm not sure how to get the nice award to post on my blog, but I will say that top on my list of nice people is Chris at Stuff as Dreams are Made On (hi Chris!!). I also have to nominate Kate at Heart Speaks to Heart and Melanie of Wine Dark Sea, both of the Darwins (count 'em--2), all of whom, for the record, make me think of things that I really should be thinking about. Also accomplishing niceness and thoughtfulness are Jen of Et Tu, Jen? and Entropy, both of whom also have a certain "edge" that I appreciate that comes from honesty and frankness, conveyed nicely, that is a real asset to the blogging world. All of the bloggers I have named deserve this more than me!! (I'll take it, though!)

The award carries responsibilities: “This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you’ve been awarded please pass on to seven others whom you feel are deserving of this award”.

7 comments:

chrisa511 said...

:D Aw, thanks Nicole! You're the second person to give me this one! I guess I chose the right profession after all ;) I couldn't agree more with Sarah :) You're certainly deserving of this award.

You're so not a grouch! But Oscar was one of my favorite characters when I was a little kid, so it's very cool at the same time that you got him as a result!

I'm Bert by the way...:/ I hate Bert...lol

Literacy-chic said...

Thanks, Chris. It really means a lot to me that you said these things--especially given how long you've known me, and how differently--as a friend and as near-family. *snif*

I like Bert, but I don't see you as a Bert. You seem much more an Erie to me. But Bert, as my aunt once said, is a "cool nerd." :D

chrisa511 said...

lol...I'm much more of an Ernie fan myself, and was hoping for Ernie...he was my favorite when I was a kid :)

mrsdarwin said...

Aw, you're awfully sweet. We're probably both more political than nice, but it's kind of you to overlook that. :)

Literacy-chic said...

Well, after all, "nice" is in the eye of the beholder. You fit my criteria! ;)

Sarah Reinhard said...

You said it yourself: nice is in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure Elmo and Oscar get along fine (and Oscar walks around highly annoyed by Elmo). So maybe it's just SAFER for you that you don't know me in real life? :)

Literacy-chic said...

Well THAT's an enigmatic statement! ;) I was happy to learn that I do come across as nice. At least sometimes! ;)