Sunday, April 29, 2007

Suddenly Pregnant!

O.K., you are all acquainted with the fact that I'm pregnant--13 weeks now, by the most reliable calculations. But suddenly and without warning, nothing fits! I am trying to remember how soon this happened with my daughter, but I think it was more gradual. And I was buying maternity clothes earlier because I didn't have any nice spring-summer clothes anyway, so I figured that I might as well buy maternity clothes (which I like) instead of buying larger sizes, etc. This time I have been making due with my drawstring linen pants, but they aren't really buttoning. I have taken out maternity t-shirts, which really don't look too different from the t-shirts I normally wear, but whatever t-shirts I wear, and whatever pants I wear, I look much more than 3 months pregnant! By this time last pregnancy, I was probably dying to look pregnant. And I have no pregnancy body-image problems; I like my body better pregnant than not! But this has been literally in the past 2-3 days! I haven't actually gained any weight. And the "transitional" pregnancy wear doesn't work for me because I don't like low-rise anything (if you've already got a pot-belly, low rise is not a nice effect). Anyway, it feels sudden. Probably the third-baby effect. And probably not helped by the fact that it really is fat and not really baby at this point. *sigh* But I'll probably make the best of it and go shopping after payday on Tuesday!

6 comments:

Entropy said...

3rd baby right? Your body is saying "hey, we know what we're doing now! [insert balloon inflating sound]" Happened to me too. :)

Leticia said...

I remember a surprise pregnancy which I discovered that way, searching for pants that fit in my wardrobe. It's a happy memory even though that baby was lost.I'll pray that your baby comes into this world safely.

John said...

I'm sure you look beautiful and look on the bright side: at least everyone will know your pregnant - not fat. :)

By the way, tell your oldest congratulations! What a lucky baby to have such a wonderful older brother.

-C

mrsdarwin said...

I have a friend who is pregnant with her fifth, who swore she was showing at six weeks. I think that was just wishful thinking, but she started wearing pregnancy clothes right away.

I like to put off wearing pregnancy clothes as long as I can, because I know that by 40 weeks I'll loathe everything in my closet. But it is reassuring to make it obvious that I'm pregnant and not just fat, thank you very much!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!
This past pregnancy was my 3rd, and I started showing MUCH earlier than previous pregnancies. I took it as good and bad. lol. Wear what's comfy, right?

Literacy-chic said...

I'm just looking kind of dumpy. You see, though, when I went to the doctor, I was told that my uterus hasn't really "popped out" yet--it's just pushing things around in there & making room. (That is, pushing the fat out further!) ;) I don't really have a problem with it. I like maternity clothes. They're cute & comfy! That makes me the oddball in most mommy circles, though... I did manage to buy a cute pair of maternity jeans the other day that I don't have to hike up too often! And thanks for visiting, Letica and Sharon!